Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Haystack blocks and Mama blocks

I have been sewing a little bit today. A rainy day here in Trondheim, so it's the perfect weather for staying indoors playing with some happy colours. I have done a little progress on the Haystack blocks I have in the making, and soon I have enough blocks for a table runner.

 I've also quilted backwards a bit today. I decided to rip out the swirls I quilted on this cute table runner. They just didn't appeal to me, so I will rather do some cross hatching instead. Love these cute Mama blocks, and will for sure make some the Granny square blocks using these fabrics too.

Nano has also enjoyed some quiet time in the sewing room with me today. Poor furball has been away for 4 days, and she was deeply missed! I have no clue where she's been, even if I have been looking all over for her. So glad she came back home!!!

I have been mostly knitting, and I have started a new project using the Tumi yarn from Rauma Garn. Just love this yarn, so great to knit with! 

Haven't been much out shooting photos for a while, but I hope the weather will be better soon. I miss my short hikes with Hubby, so I hope we'll go again later this week when the weather will be better.

 My purple lilacs are about to burst out in bloom soon too, and I look forward to the lovely smell of them!

 I have planned to grow flowers in my garden, but until I get to do that I can enjoy some planted in flower pots and buckets. The lavender is one of my favourite flowers.

Happy sewing,
Laila


2 comments:

Sølvis blog said...

Så koselig å se at du har fått sydd litt igjen.

Linda said...

Beautiful! I also love the cats. :) Greetings from Montreal, Canada.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin