Thursday, December 17, 2015

Little bit of sewing going on

I've tried to be patient waiting for some sewing time during the last weeks, and I have digged out a few UFO's and tried to focus on a few projects to play with the last days. I'm working so much slower than I am used to, and it's not so fun when I'm used to get a lot done... I am not focused enough to work on one thing, so I just have to continue to jump from project to project just to get the feeling of doing something useful :-)

I digged out a stitchery I started a couple of years ago from the UFO bin, and will try to finish it to make the table runner it's a part of. I love snowmen, and this is the cutest table runner!

A little while ago I got a package in the mail from my dear friend Kathy in Canada. She sent me some lovely quilty stuff, and a mini quilt kit was one of them. It's a mini quilt designed by Thimbleblossoms/Camille Roskelley and it's called "Norway". Isn't it just gorgeous?

I have trouble sleeping because of the medicine I'm on, so last night I figured I should get some sewing done instead of walking around like a zombie going crazy. I managed to finish the whole quilt during the night, and this is the result. Isn't it gorgeous?
I will quilt and bind it as soon as I can, and use it as a wall hanging. It measures 12,75", so it's perfect to put up on a wall :-)

I'm so glad to be feeling a little bit better even if it's taking way much longer than I thought, and I really hope to get back to my longarm quilting machine again soon too. 
I'm still behind with the Christmas stuff, but the kids and Hubby will help me out to get most of it done in time.
We'll make it simple but cozy, and no stress will be involved. I'm just looking forward to enjoy the Holidays with my family, and that's all that matters to me. I don't care that some of the Christmas decorations will stay in their bins, and that no cakes and cookies will be homemade. We'll buy candy and cookies at the store and enjoy our Christmas anyway :-) 

Happy sewing,
Laila

1 comment:

Dollandesign said...

I think that your quilt is very nice.

Dollandesign

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin