Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A little May report

I must admit I welcome Spring with open arms. The winter has been too long! It's so great to spend time outside in the garden, and to go hiking in our lovely woods. Love to see the green is covering more and more of the beautiful landscape :o)

This photo is from a hike on 16.th of May. So nice to see the flowers are blooming at this season! 



I have been sewing a little bit, but mostly I have been knitting. I just finished a new Marius sweater in greygreen, white and charcoal. Love how it ended up :) The photos are taken with my phone, so they are not super clear.


I have been working on an old UFO too, and most of the blocks are coming together nicely. Just a few more hours work on this, and I can load it up on my longarm machine and finish the quilt. I will find a pantograph for this, and use a light variengated thread that will blend in. The fabrics are some of my very favorite scrap pieces, and looks great together.

I have also been finishing up some more blocks for the "Blooming Springtime" quilt. I have to admit I just love it already! And it's so fun to be doing some needleturn appliqè again. I will be prepping several of the blocks to make it easier to take with me when I am on the go.

Hope you all will have a great June, with lots of stitching and knitting :o)
Hugs,
Laila

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin