Saturday, January 4, 2014

New year ~ new opportunities :o)

Happy new year to you all! 

I am so excited to start on a new year. Feels good to know a new year with blank pages is ahead of me, with lots of opportunities :o) I really hope this will be a good year, and a creative year :o) 

I have been able to enjoy some fun in my sewing room this week. I prepped a beautiful quilt for some faux applique and colourque. This is a design by Helen Stubbings, and I'm using her technique and design from her book "Faux applique". It's a miniature quilt I will play with while working on other projects. 

I didn't have the patience to finish the table runner I was thinking I would quilt on the batting and backing that was at the end of the quilt I finished longarm quilting. Instead I put on a practice piece and tried the panto called "Continous Baptist fans" by Lorien Quilting. It's not at all the easiest pattern to follow, but it looks so great and it was really fun to play with. Will definitely use this on a quilt soon. 

 I have a few client quilts that I have had waiting for quilting for a long time. I finally felt ready to start on one of them the other day. This is a beautiful wallhanging, and I did some custom quilting on it using both rulers and freemotion quilting. I have to admit that I am satisfied with my work on it, which is not often I am :o) 

 This is the rulers i used for the curves.
 and this is some of the other rulers I use for straight lines and around appliqued pieces.

This is a photo from my working progress.

Detail photos of the quilting:



I love the back of a quilt when it's finished. The texture is just so cool!
I used wool batting for this quilt, and it makes the quilting to show nicely :o)
I really hope the owner will like what I did on her quilt :o) 

Wish you all a great weekend :o)
Laila

4 comments:

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Teppet ble kjempefint! Masse jobb, men verdt det. Fortsatt godt nyttår

Lise in Norway said...

Det ble lekkert Laila . Utrolig jobb Babtis Fan er virkelig fin panto

EirinH said...

Kjempefint quilting på flott teppe :)

Elisabeth Solum said...

Lekkert!
Fortsatt godt nytt år!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin