Sunday, January 13, 2013

Astrid's quilt and new fabrics

I had the pleasure of quilting a beautiful quilt during the last week, and finished it last night. 
Astrid made her quilt in lovely fabrics, and asked me to quilt swirls with hearts on the quilt, and some stippling around the stitcheries. She made the stitcheries beautifully by hand, and she will add some decorating on the outer borders on each side. Looking forward to see it when she is finished with it, I will ask her for a photo when she's done :-)



Yesterday I went downtown to Quiltegården to get some batting and backing fabrics. I forgot to take a photo of the backing, but here is the other treasures that came home with me:
I've got plans for them, so I was not only shopping with my eyes this time :-)
I'm planning to make a table runner of the pinks, grey and white fabrics, and will decorate it with the laces. The ones with the cute owls will be used for some easy small projects. 

When I was sewing tonight, I dug out some chocolate from my drawer. I have a soft spot for mini Smarties. Shhh!!! Don't tell my kids I have a drawer with chocolate, I might have to share.... :-)
Funny how they match perfect with the fabric I was piecing! No wonder I fell in love with this fabric:-)


I hope you all had a great weekend, and wish you all a great new week!

Happy sewing,
Laila

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you tell me what the name of the pink/grey/white fabric line is? I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin