Monday, October 8, 2012

Customer quilt is finished :o)

Yesterday I got to spend some time with "Miss Monster" and I finished quilting the beautiful quilt I've had on the frame for a while. Like I told you in the previous post, these blocks are all hand sewn. I've spent some hours quilting this, but I learned a lot while working on it. 

The feathers on the border was the hardest part, but it I did my best :o)

The quilt felt very soft, even if it's heavy quilted. I also like the wool batting that Unni, the owner, chose.


I've made three blocks for a new quilt. It's a quilt called "Pie in the sky", and the pattern is in  Kim Diehl's book "Simple graces". I made a couple of blocks using japanese fabrics a while ago, but I just feel that this quilt will look best with reproduction fabrics. I've collected different fabrics for a quilt like this for a while, so I can't wait to make more blocks.




I also made one block from the pattern "Swoon" by Camille Roskelley. This block is huge, but it will be so much fun quilting this quilt. I've seen a lot of gorgeous Swoon quilts, and some of them are stunning. If you google "Swoon quilt" you'll see what I mean :-)

Wish you all a great new week! 
Happy sewing,
Laila

4 comments:

LeKaQuilt said...

Sukk.....hvilken vakker quilt. Unni har gjort en fabelaktig jobb med denne toppen, og quiltingen din løfter dette til en utstillingsquilt - eller arvegods....Nydelig quiltet! Blokkene dine er også flotte og jeg gleder meg til å se flere av disse :o)
Ha en riktig fin og kreativ uke - og vær stolt av den flotte jobben du har gjort på teppet til Unni :o)
Klem Lena

annemariesquilt said...

Nyderlig quilting !! Der heldig som kan sy på en longarm maskin, veldig misunnelig.
Fine blokker også..

Unknown said...

beautiful quilting... and i love pie in the sky...need to make that one! I'm machine quilting a Kim Dielh quilt right now. Love her quilts!

Bodil said...

Kjempefin quilting! Og de nye blokkene ser veldig spennende ut.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin