Sunday, February 26, 2012

A nice weekend in my sewing room :o)

I've spent a lot of time in my sewing room this weekend. Been both sewing and quilting :o)
I've made progress on the AYOS quilt, and this is my two blocks for the "I.S.T.H." quilt plus the pieces for the remaining 7 blocks. 
Since "I.S.T.H." means "Insert Snappy Title Here" I thought I should call mine "Starstruck". Fancy name I think :-) 




This is a large wallhanging my mother pieced a while ago. I got to load it on to the longarm frame yesterday, and spent some hours yesterday night, and this morning to finish quilting it. I'm not so good at this custom quilting (yet...) but I try to figure out how I should do things. I really need to figure out how to make the corners with feathers, I'm not so happy about how they turned out. But it looks ok.
I also need to figure out how much I should quilt to "lock the blocks", I think I maybe overdo that...
I want to get a couple of rulers to make those bows more even, since I really want them to be "perfect". But I guess these things looks better as I get more skills, right?


Mom was pretty happy about it, and I know she look forward to add the binding and get it up on the wall.




I got rid of the word verification on my blog, but keep getting these anonymous comments which must be deleted manually in my blog settings, since they end up there in a "trash list". Do you get lots of those? 
I will try to keep the word verification off for a while and see what happens. I must admit I'm having some difficulties with these myself... 


Tomorrow it's our two youngest Hearties' birthday. Our twins are having their 15th birthday tomorrow, and I can't help thinking the time flies sooo fast! 
We'll have a birthday party for them next weekend, but I guess I'll have to make them some yummy chocolate cake or brownies tomorrow :o)


Wish  you all a creative new week!

4 comments:

Ulla's Quilt World said...

That quilt is fantastic! I really love it!
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

May Kristin said...

Gratulerer med morgendagen!
Teppet til din mor ble lekkert!
Gleder meg til å se din Starstruck ferdig! Har sydd en stjerne ferdig, nå har jeg masse HST blokker å renskjære!

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Du har quiltet din mors tæppe super flot. Vi er helt bestemt vores værste fjender selv med ikke at være helt tilfreds. Som du skriver - øvelser gør mester. Men det ser rigtig fint ud .
Tillykke med dine tvillingers fødsesldag. Håber, I havde en god dag.
Jeg har også slået dette ord-bekræftigelse fra. De er så håbløse at læse og jeg gider ikke selv prøve flere gange for at lægge en kommentar. De første dage fik jeg et par spam-kommentar ind; men da jeg har sat moderation på kommentar, sletter jeg dem ganske enkelt og de kommer ikke på bloggen. Nu har jeg ikke haft problemer i flere dage med spam kommentar.
Mange hilsner
Anne-Mette

Satu said...

Can't wait to see your Starstruck finished! Your mum's quilt is very beautiful. I share her opinion about quilting ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin