Saturday, April 10, 2010

A new scrap quilt

I had a day off work Friday, and most of the time I spend in my sewing room, I did a lot of cutting. I actually cut pieces for the whole quilt I'm going to make. I bought this book a while ago:

Just searching randomly on the internet after scrap quilt patterns, I spotted the book at Soft expressions' web page. The nice thing about this page, is that they show the content of the books, so you know what patterns you will find inside :O) I think that's great!

The funny thing is, I dicovered the quilt I wanted to make from this book, the day before my book arrived, at Wendy's blog, "Snippets of a Quilter". The pattern is called "Kitchen Sink", and I just love these blocks! So many possibilities with this pattern!

I am still sewing the pieces for the blocks, guess I'm half way or something.


This is how it looks so far:

I've several more colors that is not yet finished, but I think it looks great already :o)
The blocks are set on point in the pattern, but you can also just sew them together in rows like in my layout. I havent made up my mind about that yet, I have to finish the blocks first. I've cut more pieces of fabric than required, since I want the quilt a bit larger.
This is one of my favorite patterns till now, and this pattern must be a perfect one for the care quilts I am planning to make :o)

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Laila - your Kitchen Sink quilt is looking wonderful. I have mine sitting in pieces parts by my sewing machine. Sigh! Have fun with your new book.

Mona said...

Flott quilt du har startet på. Blir lekkert. Ha en fortsatt fin helg.

Elin said...

No blei eg imponert, igjen... Tusen takk for kjekk lenkje til skrapbøker, blir vel snart ein handel igjen. Kitchen Sink er ny for meg, kjempefin!

Blåbærtua said...

Dette blir bra. Du har virkelig kommet godt igang. Skal sjekke ut den linken. Ha en fortsatt god helg!

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Wauh, det ser super godt ud. Tak for linket til bogen. Den må der vist kikkes nærmere på.
God søndag :-).

Cattinka said...

You are a very patient person, to sew so many of the same blocks. I´m sure this quilt will be a beauty and I envy you for having it already.
KATRIN W.

LeKaQuilt said...

Ja, det var her i fra mønsteret kom.
Ser ut for å være en fin bok :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin