Sunday, September 6, 2009

Goals for OPAM September


Haven't been so busy in my sewing room lately, but I got to start on a new project :o)
I went to my quilt guild's meeting earlier this week, and I bought Gail Pan's new book " Baskets in bloom". It's a great book, with a lot of beautiful work with stitcheries and appliques. I
did fall in love with a little wallhanging called " Little Basket Blue". The original is stitched with light blue variengated dmc thread, but I decided to use my favourite colors, purple... :o)
Finished size is 9" by 11", and it's going to be hung on the wall with a frame in wood.
It's lovely, isn't it?


I forgot to report my goals for the OPAM this month, and I have two goals. The one is the stitchery above, and the second is the wallhanging I started some time ago, a stitchery project by Cinderberry stitches:

Today I finished cutting all the pieces for the next charity quilt. I got to pick up some more fabrics from Sølvi at the quilt guilt meeting, and my mom is going to piece it togheter. This is the pile of pieces:
Lots of different fabrics, but I think it will be a great quilt :o) I forgot to take a picture of the baby quilt she made, but I know it's on it's way to a little baby girl soon :o)
Guess Sølvi will have photos of the care quilts as they are delivered to her at the care quilt blog "Tepper til St. Olav".


I am going to work some more on my purple quilt today, and hopefully I get to finish it this month, but I don't wanna rush it. I am not a speed piecer all the time, but as long there is progress - it will be finished ;o)


Enjoy your Sunday,
Laila

7 comments:

Elin said...

Du er verkeleg energisk for tida, lukke til! Den boka såg berre herleg ut.

Dih Rocha said...

Olá amiga!
Passei para rever seu cantinho e as novidades...
Seu trabalho continua lindo e criativo como sempre...
Espero você em:
magiadaines.blogspot.com
Um ótimo começo de semana!
Beijinhos carinhosos.
Itabira - Brasil

Anonymous said...

Great stitchery, good luck with your OPAM. I will start tomorrow. DH to work, DS to school, I have to house for myself again.

Chookyblue...... said...

must get myself a copy of Gails book........

Gail said...

wow, you are quick!! i didn't think the book would be there by now!!!
Enjoy!

Darcie said...

You'll have to take the book with you to have Gail autograph it for you!!! Are you counting down the days?! ;-)

LOVE your stitching. Superb!

Monday hugs to you, Laila!

Stina Blomgren said...

Längtar tills jag också får boken!!!! Ser ut att vara mycket kul i den!!! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin