Sunday, February 8, 2009

Some red and white with a scrappy look :o)

I've never used much red fabrics in my projects, but this week end I used
only red and white in a little baby quilt. I have been buying some red fabrics now and then, to get to use them in a quilt. I want to to a quilt in red and light fabrics, with the four patches, I really like those tiny ones:o) I bought the Buggy Barn book "Gone Crazy", at Quiltegården in November last year, but haven't had time to use it before now. I love the crazy looking stars, and started cutting yesterday. I finished piecing the bocks today, and joined them into this little quilt.
The only trouble is, I cannot figure out how to quilt it. It's been too long since I did practise freemotion quilting, and I gave up after I tried two times... Guess I'll have to practise som more before I get any further on this.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

LAPPEQURI said...

Kjempe fint:-)
Ha ei fin og kreativ uke

Darcie said...

Those stars are darling, Laila! It really turned into a great quilt.

To me, it seems that the light stars are radiating off of their red background...and the red stars seem to be sinking into their light background. Very fun!!!

Blåbærtua said...

Så fint da. Festlige stjerner. Dette fikk jeg lyst til å prøve meg på..

Elin said...

Dette er berre heilt nydeleg! Burde eg ha den boka??

Anne Ida said...

What a cute quilt! Reds and whites work so well together, and these stars are fabulous! And so much fun to sew :o)

You'll get around to quilting them - I think maybe I'd keep it simple and do some overall meandering...

Hugs and stitches
xxx

Hanne said...

Flotte stjerner!
Du kan jo quilte 1/4" rundt stjernene og 1/4" på hver side av sømmene der du har sydd sammen blokkene.
Hvor store er blokkene ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin