Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scrap quilt in progress

I have been playing with my scraps the last days. I found this pattern over at Bonnie's place, and I figured out I wanted to make a scrapquilt for my mom right away. The pattern is called "Smokey Mountain Stars". I did spend some hours with the cutting on Sunday, and on Monday I could start piecing:o) Cute, aren't they? I love them, and I am half way with piecing the blocks that will in the end be pieced into rows, and then the star appears.
I am having a day off work today, and I have planned to spend some time with my dear Bernina, and maybe get the bunch of blocks that's left, pieced. Look forward to try quilting this :o)

Sigrun is having a challenge over at her place, go check it out, it's fun:o)

Happy sewing,
Laila
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Elin said...

Wow, I like that! Happy you are confident with scraps, too, but a lot of work ironing, cutting, organizing, but it's fun. Very cute block!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like it!! I had just seen a six sided star on another blog and thought that would be one to make and now seeing yours has reinforced that feeling.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Darcie said...

That is a darling quilt pattern! Hope you're having a wonderful day off...playing in your scraps!

Hugs from me to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin